A taxi is a public transportation where you can ride when it has no passengers. The gimmick is that when the passenger rides, there is a meter that has an initial rate. Let’s say for example the rate is $5 and for every specific distance, the meter goes up by $1.5. The final fare will be calculated when the $1.5 is multiplied by the distance traveled added with the $5 initial rate. Those numbers are just examples as there are different rates for different countries but you can get the point. There are different kinds of taxis that you can ride on.
A few taxis you can ride
- The basic ones are those that are regular cars. The car model and brand may vary but a taxi is a car none the less.
- There are also taxi vans. These are bigger than the regular car model taxi. The taxi van can carry more people but the rate could be bigger.
- You can also ride and hire a wheelchair taxi. This is more like a wheelchair accessible taxi which is perfect for those that have a wheelchair person traveling with them. These can be as small as cars or as big as a van. Platinummaxicab has more information on the wheelchair transport.
Just a few things to remember
- A lot of the normal taxis moving around are the regular ones. If you want to hire a special taxi like the wheelchair one that we mentioned, you can call the company and see what taxis they have to offer.
- That’s because these special taxis don’t just roam around the streets because not everyone may need to get them as well.
- The rate for these taxis varies as we already mentioned. Just find out the rates and more before you get them.
are different taxis that you can ride and hire when you need to.